Monday, December 8, 2008
December 8th - week 2 of focusing on thankfulness!
Today Luke said he was thankful that Mommy made muffins for breakfast! Caden said he's thankful for a nice house to live in! Some things they are thankful for may seem silly or maybe trivial, but I'm so glad that they are learning to be thankful for big things and little things. Today I am thankful for some perspective. I found out this morning that a friend I graduated from high school with passed away last night while in surgery. He wasn't a close friend, truly more of an acquaintance that I talked with on occasion and always admired. His outlook on life was amazing. He knew because of his medical condition that each day was a gift, and he lived with purpose. I would like to live each day knowing it is a gift too. I'm thankful I had the opportunity to know him, and thankful his heart has been made whole and perfect in heaven. We have so very much to be thankful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment